- Elemental Well: The level of the Well hasn’t moved in over 50 years, which is unexpected.
- The Mages are in debate over what this means.
Earthtime Festivities, Day 1:
- Stories and Legends are told
- Newborns are introduced to the Kaer
- Lots of Orcs, Very Few Elves
- Many Life (Blood) Magic Oaths sworn.
Earthtime Festivities, Day 2:
- Remembrances for the past year
- The previous year’s oaths are fulfilled.
- Some are re-sworn.
- The Life-magic Wounds from the successful oaths turn silver or gold.
Earthtime Festivities, Day 3:
- Honoring the Passions
- Booths and Displays honoring each of the Passions’ Aspects.
- Iian gathers an Emblem of Roshomon and leaves it in offering at the ruins of the old Temple.
- Now known as the ‘Temple of Greed’ and generally avoided.
- The other ‘future’ party members participate in the games and challenges put up to honor the Passions.
- M’lo and another T’skrang girl named Lonaha get into a ‘Taunt Off’ competition.
Earthtime Festivities, Day 4:
- Iian displays his forged items, alongside the rest of the Forge.
- He goes out of his way to play up the works of his forge-mates.
- Karabus holds a rousing speech about Wizardry, and concludes by walking up the Kaer Wall and firing off some flame spells.
- Mazrol holds a display of mounted archery, while another Archer Adept called Celemir is also displaying his skills, and they devolve into competition.
- Medea shows off her mundane skills by holding a shepherding/sheepdog control exhibition, and then holds a martial arts/claw fighting display.
- A Troll Warrior named Werkog tries to drown out Medea’s display by being loud and swinging around a two-handed spiked mace in one hand.
- M’lo displays his skills by walking blindfolded through the Archery Contest while reciting something in his native language.
- Celemir shoots the Blindfold off, and M’lo sells it as intentional on his part.
- Karabus notices an Orc Nethermancer showing off his skills by having tea with a manifest spirit.
- The Nethermancer is young, outgoing, and focused on making Nethermancy look palatable.
Initiates Group Competition:
The party is gathered together and brought to a spent area of The Deeps that has been set up for a game of Capture the Flag, with Weapons! Mages have been set up in the sidelines to heal the fallen.
M’lo takes ownership of the Flag, and stealthily sneaks off in the backline.
Everyone else spreads out, looking for the other team. About half a minute in, Mazrol sets off an arrow trap, takes a wound and falls down.
Shortly after that, Medea runs into Lonaha, who makes an awesome first impression and then asks her where the flag is.
At this point, several people engage at range and melee.
- Iian squares off against Werkog, while Karabus Mind Daggers him.
- Joril shoots at Iian, but misses.
- Mazrol gets into a shoot-out with Celemir.
- M’lo finds a spot to hide the flag
- Lonaha repositions.
- Medea goes Flag Hunting.
The battle boils on…
- Iian continues to square off against Werkog, while Karabus Mind Daggers him again.
- Joril and Medea reposition.
- Mazrol and Celemir continue their shoot-out
- M’lo hides the flag, and then scampers around trying to appear to still have the flag.
- Lonaha attempts to mock him while seducing him, and fails because that’s confusing.
The fight continues…
- Werkog charges M’lo, who scampers off.
- Mazrol repositions, steps on a second arrow trap, and goes down.
- Medea, Karabus, Iian and Joril reposition.
- Celemir shoots at Medea, but misses.
To Be Continued…